Barry has asked me to turn your attention to the continued practice of leaving unsealed garbage bags in the refuse area.
If we are all serious about keeping everyone safe, perhaps we could make an effort to seal the garbage bags to prevent the virus from spreading. We are not just putting ourselves in danger, but also expose the staff.
I was told that there have been disruptions to the waste collection and the staff will continue to manage this proactively ensuring space is being maximised in case of further disruptions to the collections.
His message is:
• General waste and recycling to be separated
• General waste to be in sealed bags
• General waste goes in green bins
• Recycling goes in purple bins
• Boxes can be flattened and left on the floor